Okay. I have been tagged by a fellow blogger to answer 25 things about yourself. I have already done this on Facebook, so I am going to be lazy and copy and paste it here. Okay, I might change a few of the answers to make it “fresh”. Since I don’t know many bloggers, I have tagged only the person who tagged me. If you read my blog and would like to participate, feel free to tag me back. 🙂
1. I have recently started writing. For years I avoided this as I never liked to do it. Now, I have started and can’t stop. I think I’m not half bad at it either!
2. I could never live somewhere that is not near a Wawa (A convenience store chain in the Philadelphia metropolitan area – BEST COFFEE IN THE WORLD).
3. I have started singing again. No, not professionally. Just in the car while driving. I have not done this in a long time. I have come to the realization that it is a signifier of my mood. When I sing, I am happy. I must have been unhappy for a very, very long time.
4. I am beginning to sense getting older. It’s not that I have been unaware of my age, it’s just that I feel like I am running out of time, and I am not sure for what. I’m terrified of getting older, both mentally and physically. I am 35, but inside I don’t feel it. I also don’t feel 18 either.
5. I am on my 6,990,346th attempt to quit smoking. So far, it’s not working out too well.
6. I have lived in 3 states. New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Delaware. I really would like to live in Massachusetts or California.
7. I enjoy being single. I like the freedom to be me. I like being able to do what I want, when I want. I also enjoy being in a relationship. I enjoy having someone to cuddle with, to hold, to know that I am not all alone in this big world. I need to learn how to strike a balance between the two.
8. I don’t like it when people give me clothes as gifts. Usually, they do not fit me properly and/or they are not my style. I prefer gift cards. The Gap, thank you.
9. I really, really want to go back to school. It is really, really expensive to do so. I don’t really have the time or the money.
10. I suffer from insomnia. I go through cycles from time to time. It’s nothing severe, but it is a pain in the ass. Once I can finally get to sleep I’m usually Okay.
11. I do not like sports of ANY kind. I hate when I am in public and people try to talk sports with me. I try and change the subject as quickly as possible. “Did you see Color Splash on HGTV last night?”
12. Growing up, my parents moved around a lot. I don’t have a “home” town. Whenever someone asks me, I usually just say “Clementon”. I chose Clementon because, as a child, it was the longest I ever lived somewhere. Which leads me to #13…
13. My entire adult life I have struggled to find a “home”. I am not talking about a place to live. But somewhere to call home. Living by myself, it doesn’t feel quite like a home. A home to me would be myself, my boyfriend, a cat and a dog. We would cook together, watch tv together, have lazy days together.
14. I am a HUGE coffee drinker. I love coffee. For Christmas, I dropped hints that I wanted *A* Starbucks giftcard. Turned out, everyone and their mother gave me one. Christmas was a little over a month ago and they are all gone.
15. I am not close with my family. I used to be close to my Mother, but we have grown apart. I envy people who are close to their families. It makes me jealous.
16. I have remained friends with 2 of my ex’s. I, personally, find it difficult to love and care about someone for years and just let them go (Meaning to completely lose contact with them, not in an “I’m stalking you and watching every move you make”). Even though I no longer am in love with them, I still care about them. It’s nice to still be able to talk to them. They both are good guys and we just work better as friends.
17. I am terrified of heights, but I LOVE roller coasters.
18. I am terrified of flying. I do not fly well. I try to drive if at all possible.
19. I love Autumn. It is my favorite time of year. The weather, to me, is perfect. Not to mention all of the colors. It is just a wonderful time of year that makes me happy to be alive.
20. Halloween is my favorite holiday.
21. I have a MacBook Pro, but I am still confused by it. I had been a PC person for 15 years. I know Windows inside and out. Mac’s…not so much.
22. I love music. All kinds of music. If you looked at my iTunes library, you would see my musical tastes truly run the gamut. I have Billie Holiday, Etta James, Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, Alice In Chains, Foo Fighters, Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne.
23. I hate talking on the phone. I am not sure why. I used to be a “Chatty Kathy”. Not anymore. I prefer to text message.
24. I could never live in a state that was not in close proximity to the ocean.
25. I always feel inadequate, no matter what I do. I always think that I am never good enough for anything or anyone. Just the way that I have always been. This is the first time I have ever publicly admitted it. Kinda shocked that I did. Oh well.